How to set up banners
To generate revenue for your app with banner mediation, you’ll need to add the banner ad unit to your code, integrate your preferred ad network adapters, and activate the banner.
Step 1. Select Your App
Under Settings, navigate to the Ad Units & Placements page. Select the app you want to integrate with banner mediation and click on the banner icon:
Step 2. Set Up Your Preferred Banner Refresh Rate
To control the banner refresh rate (available from SDK version 6.7.7+), set the time (in seconds) you want each banner to be seen before refreshing and click the Update button:
Make sure to switch off the banner refresh rate on your mediated ad networks.
Step 3. Add Placements, Capping & Pacing
Customize and optimize the ad experience in your app by presenting banners to your users from different placements and customizing the ad frequency.
Then configure Placement Capping and Pacing to enhance the user experience in your app.
- Placement Capping will limit the amount of ads your serve for the selected placement. You can set limitations by day or hour. As seen below, if you limit this placement to 15 impressions/day- you will only serve 15 ads for this placement per day.
- Placement Pacing offers you control over the time interval between ads for the selected placement. For example, if you have an ad placement at app launch and a user opens your app, he will see an ad for this placement. If s/he then navigates out of the app and back within 3 minutes, he will not see an ad at app launch.
- You can’t switch off the ad delivery for the default placement.
- Capping and pacing your ads might result in revenue reduction.
We recommend checking if a placement is capped before serving it with the following method:
boolean isBannerPlacementCapped(String placementName)
bool isBannerPlacementCapped(string placementName)
Step 4. Integrate The Banner & Adapter In Your Code
To serve Banners to your users, you must first implement the ad unit in your code as described here and then integrate one or more of the following network’s adapters in your code:
Next, make sure to set up your selected ad network on the Network Setup page and set it to active.
Step 5. Verify Your Integration
To ensure your Banner Mediation integration was successful, activate the ad delivery on the dashboard of your network partner as well as on the ironSource Network Setup page.
If you have:
- correctly integrated Banner Mediation in your app
- properly integrated at least one mediation network adapter with Banner Support in your app
- precisely configured and activated the ad network on the Network Setup page on the ironSource dashboard