ironSource supports leading ad sources on the Mediation platform. Once you’ve integrated the network adapter in your code and set up the source on your dashboard, you can serve mediated ads on your app based on eCPM prediction and geo. Follow this guide to manage your mediation layer effectively on your dashboard!
Step 1. Navigate to the Mediation Management Page
Step 2. Select Your Application & Ad Unit
You will see a list of Applications on the left-hand side. Select the app you’ve already set up with an ad source on the mediation platform and would like to manage. Then, select the relevant ad unit (Rewarded Video, Interstitial or Banner):
Step 3. Select Geo
Select the country or group that you’d like to define the ad source priority for; use the search bar to find a specific country or click ‘Add‘ to create a new group and drag’n drop countries in it. Creating customized groups of countries helps manage ad sources easier and compare the predicted eCPMs more effectively. For example, by arranging your best-performing countries in one group (for example ‘Top Countries’), you can efficiently gather information on the estimated revenue as well as manage the ad source priority of these specific countries.
You will then see the Ad Source Priority options for the selected geo on the right-hand side.
- All group names must be unique.
- The country groups you define here will only be accessible for the specific application you selected in Step 2.
- You can only delete groups when they are empty, so you must drag the countries out of the group before deleting it.
Step 4. Define Priority for Ad Sources
We recommend running on Auto-Optimization, so the mediation algorithm can extract data and estimate eCPMs.
Once you’ve selected the geo, you can manage the ad sources delivery priority. You will see the ad networks and instances you’ve activated on the SDK Networks module and can manage them according to preference.
Prioritize Your Ad Sources
- Auto Optimized Section
The Auto Optimized section reflects ad source prioritization based on real-time optimization through ironSource Mediation algorithm. This means that the ad delivery in your apps from these ad sources will be optimized by highest-ranking eCPM. The Auto Optimized section ensures you always serve the highest paying ads first.To cap the number of ads served by this ad source for a specific instance in the waterfall, click on the vertical ellipsis and define how many ads should be delivered from this ad source.
- Manual SectionAlternatively, you can override the Auto Optimization by dragging and dropping the specific ad sources in the Manual Priority section. Once you’ve positioned an instance of this ad source in this section your app will serve ads from that ad source prior to those in the Auto Optimized section and regardless of the eCPM. This section is intended for exclusive eCPM deals with a particular ad source. The inventory will be delivered based on the order of priority in which you position them.To cap the number of ads served by this ad source and schedule when the deal will end, click on the vertical ellipsis and go to Manual Settings:
- Capping: define how many ads should be delivered from this ad source. This is helpful to allow for a range of ad delivery opportunities from each ad source.
- Scheduling: determine when the instance should return to the auto-optimized section.
- Click ‘Save‘.
You have now optimized the ad delivery from ad sources on the ironSource Mediation platform.