Mediation SDK Networks Setup
ironSource mediation platform allows you to tap into the ad inventory of the industry’s leading ad networks. Once you’ve integrated the network adapter in your code, you will need to set up the networks on the ironSource platform.
Step 1. Navigate to the SDK Networks Setup Page
Step 2. Set Up Ad Network Account Settings
Click on Available Networks and you will be able to select the ad networks you’d like to configure for the ironSource mediation.
Enter the required information of your account on the selected ad network. You must have an active account with this network to serve their ad inventory in your app. This data input is necessary so that these ad networks can recognize the ironSource mediation and your specific settings for the ad delivery.
Configured ad networks will appear in blue:
Step 3. Select the App Intended for Mediation
Step 4. Set Up Ad Network
If you entered the data correctly in step 2, you will see the ad network in the Setup section.
- Select ‘Setup‘ to the ad network:
- You will then see the below window. The required input differs based on the ad network.
Enter the information for the app and the unique identifier for the ad unit you wish to serve:
- Then click ‘Save‘.
Step 5. Set Up Additional Instances (Optional)
New! You can now leverage additional ad delivery instances of ironSource,AdColony, Facebook, Tapjoy, UnityAds, and Vungle. We support multiple network instances for Rewarded Video and Interstitial.
Multiple placements in the waterfall for these ad networks help optimize ad revenue. You can choose to position one instance in the Manual section with an exclusive deal with the ad network, while also serving another instance of this ad network in the Auto Optimization section; thus expanding your revenue opportunities from a single network.
Add Network Instances
To set up an additional instance for the abovementioned ad networks, simply go to the ad network in the Setup table and click on the ‘Edit‘ icon to open the App Settings window:
You will see the Default Instance you set up in the earlier step; to add an additional instance for this network click on ‘+ Add Network Instance’:
To add a network instance, you will need:
- To enter a unique name for the instance
- To set up a unique placement for this instance in the ad network’s dashboard.The value you enter for Placement ID (Facebook), Placement Name (Tapjoy), Integration ID (UnityAds) or Placement Name & Reference ID (Vungle) must be unique for this instance. To add multiple instances of the ironSource network, you will simply be required to enter a unique name for the instance.
- Click ‘Save‘.
- ironSource Network: Once you save the defined instances for the ironSource network, we will generate an Instance ID for you. You can retrieve this ID by navigating to the App Settings window:
Here you’ll see the Instance ID:
Step 6. Activate Ad Delivery
Activate the ad delivery per ad unit for each ad network by setting the toggle to Active. In case you’re working with multiple instances, you can activate ad delivery by instance.
Step 7. Verify Your Integration
Reporting API Verification
To ensure transparency and seamless integration success with our mediation partners, we’ve added a Reporting API verification column in the Setup section. Once you’ve entered all the required credentials, and completed the above steps, you can verify that the selected ad network has been correctly setup in the Reporting API. You’ll receive one of three possible responses: Verified, Failed and No Response.
You have now set up your selected ad networks on your ironSource Mediation Dashboard!