User Ad Revenue API
In this article you’ll learn how to use the ironSource User Ad Revenue API in order to retrieve statistics about your user level ad revenue.
Get your user level ad revenue report with ironSource and your mediated ad networks, including multiple breakdowns such as user ID, Device ID, ad unit, Country, Ad Network, Segment and Placement. Note that the revenue is calculated based on each user impression eCPM according to the App, Day, network, country, instance.
Before you start
- Pulling user level statistics is done by these 2 steps:
- API request for report URL, returns with a link to download the report
- Download the report from the provided link
- Each API call is per app per day and data is stored and available until 14 days backwards
- The data for yesterday is available starting today 14:00 PM UTC
- While yesterday’s data is updated we also refresh the data for the day before yesterday
- To get the full list of all your applications that are using monetization ad units via API go to this Article
Get Your Authentication
First, you’ll need to add an authorization header for authentication.
Authentication is based on Basic HTTP Authentication with HTTPS. The HTTP Authorization header is created based on the base64 version of username:secret key.
- username is the login/email that is used to login to our system.
- The secret key parameter is unique for your ironSource account. To retrieve it, click on your user profile on the top right corner of the screen, and select ‘My Account’. You will find the secret key in the Reporting API section:
- PHP code example for generating username:secret key:
<?php $crl = curl_init(); $base64encoded = base64_encode("[username]:[secret key]"); $header = array(); $header = 'Authorization: Basic '. $base64encoded; $URL='https://platform.ironsrc.com/partners/userAdRevenue; curl_setopt($crl, CURLOPT_URL, $URL); curl_setopt($crl, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $header); $response = curl_exec($crl); curl_close($crl); ?>
API request for report URL
|date||String||YYYY-MM-DD (UTC Timezone)||Yes|
|appKey||String||Application Key (as seen on our platform).||Yes|
|reportType||Integer||Supporting different report types. At the moment, should always set to 1||Yes|
Request Example URL
Response Example URL
Download the report
Simply call the URL in order to fetch the report
Understand the report
Note: The report is generated without columns titles.
The columns titles and order is as followed:
- Ad Unit
- Advertising ID
- Advertising ID Type
- User ID
- Ad Network
|Ad Unit||The ad unit from which the revenue was generate from||
|Advertising ID||The unique ID of the user’s device||
|Advertising ID Type||The unique ID type of the user’s device||
|User ID||The user ID being set by the developer||135920|
|Segment||The segment the user is related to as defined on the platform||Tier 1|
|Placement||The placement the user is related to as defined on the platform||
|Ad Network||The network which displayed the ad to the user||Admob|
|Impressions||The number of ads displayed to the user||1000|
|Revenue||The Revenue generated by the user (USD)||0.5|
* Date & App Key aren’t included as they are unique per report (file)