MoPub Mediation Integration Guide
This guide will instruct you step-by-step on how to set MoPub live as an Ad Network on the ironSource Mediation platform.
Make sure you have correctly integrated ironSource’s Rewarded Video into your application.
Step 1. Create a MoPub Account
First Time Setup
Go to the Mopub platform to create an account and sign up for MoPub Marketplace. To be approved to the MoPub Marketplace, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Ironsource – MoPub Marketplace Approval”and cc firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the following details in your email:
- Up-to-date payment information
- Your apps iTunes URL
- Screenshots of the app in your Admin page to show that you are the owner of the account
- Sign into your Mopub Account
- Navigate to the Apps tab
Step 2. Add Your Application
You must add the app you’d like to run Rewarded Video on to your MoPub account. If you’re a returning user and the app has already been added to your account, you may skip to Step 3.
- Platform: iOS
- App Name: Fill in your app’s name
- iTunes URL: Enter the app’s iTunes URL. If your app is not live in the App Store yet, you can enter a placeholder URL for testing purposes.
- Category: Select the most relevant category for your app
Define the Ad Unit
- Device: Phone
- Format: Rewarded Video
- Name: Fill in a name for this ad unit placement
You can skip the Ad Unit settings on the right-hand side as Frequency Caps and Rewards will be set on the ironSource platform.
- Select ‘Save and View Code Integration‘
- You will then be directed to the below window with your Ad Unit ID. Reserve this data for future use on the ironSource platform and ignore the code integration instructions by clicking ‘All Done!‘.
Step 3. Activate MoPub on the ironSource SDK Network Module
API Key This is a unique identifier for your MoPub account. Inventory Report ID This is the unique identifier for the ad unit inventory served through MoPub which allows the ironSource Mediation Platform to import performance data from your MoPub account to use in reporting & optimization. Ad Unit ID The unique identifier for your ad unit in MoPub’s system.
Once you obtain this information, you must configure MoPub’s Parameters in your ironSource Account. By adding the above information correctly, you will be able to take full advantage of MoPub ad inventory and reporting data on the ironSource Mediation platform.
- API Key & Inventory Report ID
Navigate to the Reports tab. Check the box to ‘Enable data access through API‘ and click ‘View API Access Details‘.
The following window will open where you can find your API Key and Inventory Report ID:
- Ad Unit ID
Configure MoPub’s Parameters into ironSource Account
- Once you have all of these parameters, log in to your ironSource account and go to ‘Monetize‘ ➣ ‘Mediation‘ ➣ ‘SDK Networks‘. Select MoPub from the list of Available Ad Networks:
- Then enter your MoPub API Key and Inventory Report ID. You can also choose to activate MoPub ad inventory for all countries or specify to activate it in select countries. Then click ‘Save‘:
- MoPub will be enabled in the Available Ad Networks list and you can define the app settings in the setup module below by clicking on the ‘Define‘ icon:
- Enter the Ad Unit ID, set the Status to Active and click ‘Save‘:
- You will then see MoPub as Active for Rewarded Video:
- Verify your integration with the Reporting API; this column will check your integration through the Reporting API and return three possible responses: Verified, Failed and No Response. Double check your integration and the information you entered above; then click ‘Retry‘ until you see ‘Verified’.
Step 4. Add the MoPub Adapter to Your Build
ironSource supports both Cocoapods and Manual download mechanisms.
To integrate the MoPub SDK with Cocoapods, enter the following line in your podfile and you’re good to go!
pod 'IronSourceMoPubAdapter','18.104.22.168' pod 'mopub-ios-sdk', '~> 4.15'
- Download the MoPub Adapter
Add the MoPub Adapter to your build. You can find the latest MoPub Adapter here. Then, add the MoPub framework to your project by dragging and dropping the adapter framework into your Xcode Project, i.e. drop ISMoPubAdapter.framework into your Xcode project.
- Download the MoPub SDK
Download the Mopub iOS SDK and drag it into your Xcode application group:
You are now all set to deliver MoPub Ads within your application!
To add additional mediation Ad networks, integrate the ironSource adapters and follow our integration guides.