Vungle Mediation Integration Guide
This guide will instruct you step-by-step on how to set Vungle live as an ad network on the ironSource Mediation platform.
Before You Start
- Make sure you have correctly integrated ironSource’s Rewarded Video or Interstitial into your application.
- The ironSource Mediation platform now supports the simultaneous activation of Vungle’s Rewarded Video or Interstitial for our iOS, Android and Unity SDK 6.6.5+ and Vungle adapter version 3.2.1+.
Step 1. Create a Vungle Account
- Create an account with Vungle. You can do so here.
- Once your account has been verified you can log in at their partner login here.
Step 2. Create an Application in Vungle
- Once you log in, go to the Pub/Management drop-down in the upper-left corner.
Select ‘Management’ and scroll down the page till you see the below module. Select ‘Add New Application’:
- Define the settings of your app:
- Platform – iOS or Android
- Application Name – Enter the name of your application. If it is live in the AppStore or Google Play, Vungle will automatically import most of the settings and auto-fill the form on your behalf.
- Category – You can select the application Category.
- Type – Select Free or Paid.
- Orientation – Select Landscape.
- Define Ad Customization
Here you can define custom settings for the controls of your video ads from Vungle:
- Frequency Cap – We recommend 0 cap. This can be controlled for ALL Mediated Networks via your ironSource platform.
- Force View – We recommend keeping the ‘Force View’ settings. These improve conversion and eCPM.
- Maximum Ad Duration – We recommend 60+. This increases the amount of available video inventory Vungle can serve and increases total revenue potential.
- Callback URL – Leave this empty. If you choose to use server-to-server callbacks this will be handled directly by the ironSource SDK for all Mediated Networks.
- Select ‘Submit’ to finish:
Step 3. Add a Placement
Input the necessary details to create a Vungle placement:
- Name: Fill in the name for the placement. Vungle generates a Reference ID based on the placement name and you will not be able to edit this once you click submit.
- Ad Unit: If you plan to serve Rewarded Video ads through Vungle, check the Rewarded? box. If you plan to serve Interstitial ads through Vungle, leave this box unchecked.
Then click ‘Submit‘. You will then see your Reference ID in the third column. Reserve this piece of data as you will need to enter it on our platform.
Step 4. Activate Vungle on ironSource SDK Networks Module
There are 3 pieces of Data from the Vungle account which need to be inserted into your ironSource Network Setup Module in order for Vungle to work correctly in connection with ironSource:
|Vungle App ID||This is the unique identifier of your application in Vungle’s system.|
|Reporting API ID||This is a unique identifier for your app in Vungle’s system, used with the Reporting API to track app performance.|
|Reporting API Key||This is a unique identifier for your Vungle account. Along with the Reporting API ID, this will allow your ironSource Mediation Platform to import performance data from your Vungle account.|
|Placement Name & Reference ID||This is the unique identifier of the ad unit, necessary to differentiate Rewarded Video from Interstitial ads.|
Once you obtain this information, you must configure Vungle’s parameters in your ironSource Account. By adding the above information correctly, you will be able to take full advantage of Vungle’s ad inventory and reporting data on ironSource‘s Mediation platform.
Vungle Application ID
Select ‘Details‘ from the top Navigation panel. You will see your ‘Account Stage‘. Select your account and the app that you want to run Vungle Ads on through ironSource‘s Mediation:
You will be redirected to the specific app’s page where you will be able to collect your ‘Vungle Application ID‘:
Reporting API ID
Just below your ‘Vungle Application ID‘, you will find your ‘Reporting API ID‘.
Reporting API Key
Select ‘Details‘ from the top Navigation panel once again. You will see your ‘Account Stage‘. Scroll to the bottom of this page and you will spot the ‘Users‘ section. Here you can view the ‘Reporting API‘:
- Placement Name & Reference ID
Navigate to the Pub/Management page and select the relevant application.
There you will see a list of all the ad units created for this app with their placement name and Reference ID:
Activate Vungle on ironSource Platform
Once you’ve collected all necessary parameters, log in to your ironSource account.
- Go to ‘Monetize‘ ➣ ‘Mediation‘ ➣ ‘Network Setup‘:
- Select Vungle from the list of Available Ad Networks and enter the Vungle ‘API Key‘. You can also choose to activate Vungle ad inventory for all countries or specify to activate it in select countries:
- Click ‘Save‘. Vungle will then be enabled in the Available Ad Networks table.
- Select the app on which you’d like to run ironSource’s Rewarded Video and/or Interstitial with Vungle.
- Select Vungle from the Setup list of Ad Networks and click on ‘Define‘. Insert the ‘App ID‘ and the ‘Reporting API ID‘. Then enter the Placement Name and Placement Reference ID for Rewarded Video or Interstitial in the relevant fields. Set status to Active and click ‘Save’.
You will then see Vungle as Active in the Setup Module.
- New! Verify your integration with the Reporting API; this column will check your integration through the Reporting API and return three possible responses: Verified, Failed and No Response. Double check your integration and the information you entered above; then click ‘Retry‘ until you see ‘Verified’.
Step 5. Add the Vungle Adapter to Your Build
Unity Plugin (Android Integration)
- Download the Vungle Unity Package:
Add ISVungleAdapter_[version].unitypackage to your build. You can find the latest Vungle Unity package here.
- Add the Vungle files to your project:
- To add the Adapter, simply double click on the IronSourceVungleAdapter_[version].unitypackage and add all files to your unity project.
- Download dagger-x.x.x.jar, javax.inject-x.jar, eventbus-2.2.1.jar, rxjava-1.2.0.jar, adapter-rxjava-2-2-0, converter-gson-2-2-0, gson-2-7, okhttp-3-6-0, okio-1-11-0, retrofit-2-2-0. Add the jars to your project under Assets/Plugins/Android/IronSource/libs.
Important! The jar you have downloaded from Vungle will also include the main vungle_publisher_adaptive_id_xxx.jar. This jar is already included within the IronSource Vungle Adapter. Do NOT add it to your build manually. It will cause duplicate symbol errors when you compile.
To accommodate changes in Unity version 5.5, the ironSource Plugin version 6.7.1 requires Android Manifests to be added separately for the Plugin and mediation adapter. If you are updating your plugin or currently running on 6.7.1, make sure to add the manifest activities noted in the Android documentation.
Unity Plugin (iOS Integration)
- Download the Vungle Unity Package
Import the ISVungleAdapter_[version].unitpackage to your Unity project. You can find the latest Vungle Unity package here.
- Add the Vungle files to your Unity project
To add the adapter, simply double click on the ISVungleAdapter_[version].unitpackage and add all files to your Unity project.Note: If you are upgrading from a previous version, please remove Vungle.x.x.x.framework from Assets/Plugins/iOS/IronSource.Our Unity Plugin adds the necessary frameworks automatically to your Xcode project.
Done! Evaluate Your Ad Network Integration When set to TRUE, this line of code will enable debug logs to help you troubleshoot issues with all of the mediation ad networks that permit to do so. Remove this code before your app goes live with our ad units! Supported for SDK versions 6.5.2 and up.
Evaluate Your Ad Network Integration
When set to TRUE, this line of code will enable debug logs to help you troubleshoot issues with all of the mediation ad networks that permit to do so. Remove this code before your app goes live with our ad units! Supported for SDK versions 6.5.2 and up.
You are now all set to deliver Vungle Ads within your application!
To leverage additional ad networks through ironSource Mediation, integrate the adapters and follow our integration guides