Our Performance Reports aim to deliver valuable insight and analytics to understand your monetization performance. With in-depth filters and helpful breakdowns, your Performance Reports provides the necessary granular data you need to make calculated decisions to achieve monetization success!
Step 1. Navigate to Monetization Reports
If you have saved reports in the past, you can find them in the dropdown accessible in the Report Title.
Date Range, Breakdowns and Filters can be found at the top of the page. Use these to deep dive into your app’s performance and better understand your ad activity. These filters make it easier to find specific results and separate the rest of the data to simplify the report.
- Date Range: Choose the time frame for which you want to view your report. Select any predefined range or create a custom date range.
- Breakdown: Segment your reports to understand them better; by ad source , app, country or placement. You will then see the data categorized in the graph or table based on your defined breakdowns.
- Ad Sources: You can filter your reports by ad source to better understand the performance of a specific network.
- Apps: Choose to view reports only for a specific app, to isolate the data for each app you monetize with ironSource.
- Countries: Refine your reports by country to understand your apps’ performance based on the geo and demographic.
You can view your reports in two different formats- Graph & Table.
- The Graph format shows patterns of your data based on the defined breakdowns and filters. You can see the fluctuation of your performance in a visual format, which makes it easier to understand trends and provides a better view of the data over time as a whole.
- Browse between the metrics by clicking on them. The graph will change according to the selected metric; for example, when selecting ‘Rewarded Users‘, the graph will portray the data for this specific metric.
- The Table format presents your data in columns and rows based on the defined breakdowns and filters. You can see exact values alongside dates which makes it easier to compare individual numbers. This format is better to use when you’re trying to understand or compare specific parts of your performance.
- Click on the headers to reverse the order of the data (i.e., clicking on Date will reverse the order from chronological to reverse chronological).
- You can extend the amount of rows at the bottom of the table up to 500 rows.
- You will be able to see the total of the report data in the bottom row of the report.
Step 3. Define Your Metrics
Click on the separate metrics to see dedicated graphs for that metric. You can create custom metric sets in the individual ad unit tabs that provide granular data on your ad performance, by clicking ‘Customize Metrics‘. You will then be able to create your own metric set and save it for future use.
You can change the metrics for your ‘Default Metric Set‘ or add a new metric set. Your metric sets will be saved per ad unit.
When adding a new metric set, enter a relevant name for the metric set and choose from the list (find a list of all our supported metrics below). Then click ‘Save‘.
Supported Metrics on the Performance Reports Dashboard
ironSource provides deep insights into your app’s ad performance with a wide range of metrics. These advanced metrics allow you to understand how well your ad units are performing, which ad source is proving most profitable, etc.; allowing for better implementation and control.
Revenue: The total revenue generated by your ad performance
eCPM: Effective Cost per Thousand Impressions. Calculation: revenue divided by impressions multiplied by 1000
Fill Rate: The rate at which an ad is served following a request to the Mediation layer; calculated as ad fulfillment divided by ad requests multiplied by 100%
Requests: Number of times an ad request has been conveyed to the Mediation layer. The request numbers for individual ad networks will differ if/when breaking down or filtering by ad source
Impressions: Total number of times the ad is shown
Completions: The total number of video completions
Fulfillments: The number of requests that generated a positive response
ARPC: Average Revenue per Completion, the total revenue divided by the number of completions
Imp/ Ful: Impressions per Fulfillment, the total of impressions divided by the total number of fulfillments
Source Ad-Availability Check: The amount of times an ad source is asked whether it is ready to show an ad
Source Ad-Availability Response: The number of times an ad source had an ad available to show at the time of the request
Availability Rate: The rate at which an ad source had an ad available when an ad was requested.
Sessions: The sum of single periods of user interaction with your app (each SDK init generates a new session).
Engaged Sessions: The sum of sessions in which a user interacts with an ad
Imp / Session: Impressions per Session, The average amount of ads served throughout a single session
Imp / Engaged Sessions: Impressions per Engaged Session, The average amount of ad impressions during an engaged session
Step 4. Export Your Data
Make sure to check out your User Activity Reports to gain valuable insights on how your users interact with your ads.