ironSource user acquisition campaigns support several payment methods, which require third-party tracking to attribute the install to the correct source. ironSource tracks every app install and receives a notification for each successful app install.
Third-party SDK tracking usually involves paid services who provide advanced tracking abilities to track and understand user behavior via user acquisition campaigns.
ironSource supports the following third-party tracking providers:
- Servo by Medialets
ironSource receives the third-party notifications as follows:
- You install the SDK of a third-party tracking service.
- From the tracking service, you generate a tracking URL containing the campaign ID, and provide it to us.
- You activate the campaign, and users see your ad on our various media, follow the link to the application store, and install your app.
- ironSource sends the IDs of all users that clicked on your ad to the tracking service.
- The tracking service tracks all the IDs of the users that installed and then opened the app.
- The tracking service matches the ID of the users that ironSource provided with the user IDs of those who opened your app.
- The tracking service sends us the click URL, which contains the campaign ID and the user ID of the match. This way we know that a user actually installed your app after clicking on our ad.