Vungle Mediation Integration Guide
This guide will instruct you step-by-step on how to set Vungle live as an Ad Network on the ironSource Mediation platform.
Before You Start
Step 1. Create a Vungle Account
- Create an account with Vungle. You can do so here.
- Once your account has been verified you can log in at their partner login here.
Step 2. Create an Application in Vungle
- Once you log in, go to the Pub/Management drop-down in the upper-left corner.
Select ‘Management’ and scroll down the page till you see the below module. Select ‘Add New Application’:
- Define the settings of your app:
- Platform – iOS or Android
- Application Name – Enter the name of your application. If it is live in the AppStore or Google Play, Vungle will automatically import most of the settings and auto-fill the form on your behalf.
- Category – You can select the application Category.
- Type – Select Free or Paid.
- Orientation – Select Landscape.
- Define Ad Customization
Here you can define custom settings for the controls of your video ads from Vungle:
- Frequency Cap – We recommend 0 cap. This can be controlled for ALL Mediated Networks via your ironSource platform.
- Force View – We recommend keeping the ‘Force View’ settings. These improve conversion and eCPM.
- Maximum Ad Duration – We recommend 60+. This increases the amount of available video inventory Vungle can serve and increases total revenue potential.
- Callback URL – Leave this empty. If you choose to use server-to-server callbacks this will be handled directly by the ironSource SDK for all Mediated Networks.
- Select ‘Submit’ to finish:
Step 3. Activate Vungle on ironSource SDK Networks Module
There are 3 pieces of Data from the Vungle account which need to be inserted into your ironSource Network Setup Module in order for Vungle to work correctly in connection with ironSource:
|Vungle App ID||This is the unique identifier of your application in Vungle’s system.|
|Reporting API ID||This is a unique identifier for your app in Vungle’s system, used with the Reporting API to track app performance.|
|Reporting API Key||This is a unique identifier for your Vungle account. Along with the Reporting API ID, this will allow your ironSource Mediation Platform to import performance data from your Vungle account.|
Once you obtain this information, you must configure Vungle’s Parameters in your ironSource Account. By adding the above information correctly, you will be able to take full advantage of Vungle’s ad inventory and reporting data on ironSource‘s Mediation platform.
Vungle Application ID
Select ‘Details‘ from the top Navigation panel. You will see your ‘Account Stage‘. Select your account and the app that you want to run Vungle Ads on through ironSource‘s Mediation:
You will be redirected to the specific app’s page where you will be able to collect your ‘Vungle Application ID‘:
Reporting API ID
Just below your ‘Vungle Application ID‘, you will find your ‘Reporting API ID‘.
Reporting API Key
Select ‘Details‘ from the top Navigation panel once again. You will see your ‘Account Stage‘. Scroll to the bottom of this page and you will spot the ‘Users‘ section. Here you can view the ‘Reporting API‘:
Configure Vungle’s Parameters into ironSource Account
- Once you have all of these parameters, log in to your ironSource account and go to ‘Monetize‘ ➣ ‘Mediation‘ ➣ ‘Network Setup‘.
- Select Vungle from the list of Available Ad Networks and enter the Vungle ‘API Key‘.
- Click ‘Save‘. Vungle will then be enabled in the Available Ad Networks table.
- Select the app on which you’d like to run ironSource’s Interstitial Mediation with Vungle.
- Select Vungle from the Setup list of Ad Networks and click on ‘Define‘. Insert the ‘App ID‘ and the ‘Reporting API ID‘ for Rewarded Video or Interstitial in the relevant fields. Set status to Active and click ‘Save’.
Note: Vungle only allows the activation of one type of ad unit at a time, either Rewarded Video or Interstitial.
- You will then see Vungle as Active on your Setup Dashboard.
- New! Verify your integration with the Reporting API; this column will check your integration through the Reporting API and return three possible responses: Verified, Failed and No Response. Double check your integration and the information you entered above; then click ‘Retry‘ until you see ‘Verified’.
Step 4. Add the Vungle Adapter to Your Build
Adobe Air Plugin
- Download the Vungle ANE:
Add the Vungle Adobe Native Extension to your build. You can find the latest Vungle ANE here.
- Add the Vungle ANE to your project:
- To add the ANE, simply add it to your project by clicking on project properties ➣ Flex build path ➣ NativeExtension tab. Click on ‘add ANE‘ and choose file you have downloaded in the previous step.
- Make sure you mark the ANE to be packaged into your application on Flex Build Packaging ➣ Native Extension Tab, select the checkbox of ‘package‘.
- For Android Only
- Update AndroidManifest.xml:
Add the following permissions to your Application Descriptor.xml file inside the manifestAdditions tag but outside the <application> tag:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" android:maxSdkVersion="18"/> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
Add the following activities inside the <application> tag on your manifest:
<activity android:name="com.vungle.publisher.VideoFullScreenAdActivity" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize|screenLayout|smallestScreenSize" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"/> <activity android:name="com.vungle.publisher.MraidFullScreenAdActivity" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize|screenLayout|smallestScreenSize" android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"/>
- Add the following ANEs to your project. Make sure they are marked as a package only for Android.
- Update AndroidManifest.xml:
You are now all set to deliver Vungle Ads within your application!
To leverage additional ad networks through ironSource Mediation, integrate the adapters and follow our integration guides